Benefits of the product
- Suitable for all curl types
- Enhances natural curl pattern
- Registered by Vegan Society
- Curly Girl Method-approved
- Silicone, mineral oil & sulphate-free
- Made in Denmark
- Certified Organic
- 99.3% natural origin ingredients
- Scent of orange, blackcurrant & lychee
Made in Denmark
Registered by Vegan Society
Silicone-, mineral oil- & sulphate-free
How It Works
HairLust Curl Defining Mousse is a lightweight hair mousse for curly hair. This Curly Girl Method-approved styling product hydrates, smooths, and defines all curly types.
The secret? Pullulan, a natural starch that forms a lightweight film on the hair, gently defining curls and coils while protecting against frizz. And since pullulan is water-soluble, that means that this mousse for curly hair won’t build up on curls and weigh them down.
The result? Curls that look voluminous with soft, flexible definition.
We also formulated Curl Defining Mousse to moisturise and strengthen delicate curls with a host of botanical antioxidants. So curls look healthier now, and are healthier with regular use! For best results, use with our collection of HairLust products for curls.
What’s in it:
- Organic Aloe Vera - This lightweight moisturising ingredient imbues parched and frizzy curls with much-needed hydration. Thanks to aloe vera’s high antioxidant content, it also has protective properties against UV rays and other environmental aggressors.
- Pullulan - This natural starchy compound forms a film over curls to provide definition and protection from frizz. Pullulan dissolves in water, so you don’t need to worry about product build-up.
- Glycerin - This natural humectant draws moisture into parched hair for long-lasting, lightweight hydration.
- Aquaxyl™ - Derived from sugar, this unique compound deeply moisturises the hair and scalp and prevents dehydration through water loss.
- Protectagen™ - Extracted from rice, this micro-protein blend protects curls against damage from environmental factors like sun, air pollution, and heat styling. Protectagen™ gives curls bouncy volume while smoothing away frizz. Plus, it supports healthy hair growth by generating an increase in key stem cell markers that are critical for hair growth.
- Glucose - Like glycerin, glucose has humectant properties that provide lightweight hydration for the hair and scalp. Glucose also helps to cut down on static electricity in the hair.
- Organic Bamboo Extract - Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants in the world and certain species can grow 60 cm a day! Bamboo is a great source of the mineral silica, containing up to 85%.
- Organic Açai Berry Fruit Extract - This superfruit is a concentrated source of potent antioxidants that moisturise and protect curls.
Does Curl Defining Mousse Work For All Hair Types?
Curl Defining Mousse for curls works for all curly hair types, from wavy to coily. This product works best for hair types 2A-2C, 3A-3C, and 4A-4C.
Is Curl Defining Mousse Curly Girl Method (CGM) Approved?
Yes! This mousse for curly hair is formulated without any ingredients that leave an itchy buildup on hair. We created this mousse for curly hair with 99.3% naturally-derived ingredients, and absolutely no mineral oils, silicones, parabens, or sulphates.
And while this mousse for curly hair is designed to be used as part of the Curly Girl Method, you do not need to follow the Curly Girl Method to benefit from using this product.
Not familiar with the Curly Girl Method? Check out “A Step-by-Step Guide to the Curly Girl Method”.
Should I Use a Mousse or a Cream?
Both our Curl Defining Mousse and our Curl Activator Cream have great benefits for curls. The product that you should choose depends on the results that you want. Our mousse for curly hair provides volume and soft definition. Our curl cream, on the other hand, focuses on reducing frizz, providing hydration, and protecting against humidity.
Can Curl Defining Mousse be Applied to Dry Hair?
We formulated this hair mousse for curly hair to be used on damp hair. Damp hair allows the product to spread more easily, and results in more even coverage. However, this mousse for curly hair can be used on dry hair to smooth flyaways. If you want to refresh dry curls, we recommend using our Curl Activator Cream instead.
Does Curl Defining Mousse Have a Scent?
Yes! Our mousse for curly hair has a delicious fragrance of sea buckthorn, juicy oranges, sun-ripened black currants, and sweet lychee fruits with a hint of jasmine and petitgrain. We use 100% natural essential oils for fragrance in low volume (less than 0.5%).