Benefits of the product
- Silicone-free protein treatment for hair
- Repairing treatment for damaged hair
- Supports a healthy hair growth cycle
- Safe for colour-treated hair
- Made in Denmark
- Organic certified by Ecocert
- Registered by The Vegan Society
- No silicone, mineral oil or sulphate
- 98.9% natural origin ingredients
Made in Denmark
Organic certified by Ecocert
Registered by Vegan Society
No silicone, mineral oil or sulphate
How It Works
This innovative protein treatment for hair uses a combination of active vegan micro-proteins to rebuild compromised hair fibres. Hair is stronger and healthier-looking, with diminished split ends and breakage.
With this repairing treatment for hair, you don’t need to worry about the balance of moisture and protein in your hair. Why? Because we added in Aquaxyl™, a sugar-derived compound that provides lightweight moisture to counteract the occasional drying effects of protein.
We also formulated this protein treatment for hair with plenty of antioxidants to prevent further damage to the hair. For best results, we recommend using Protein Reconstructor Mask every two to three weeks, depending on your hair’s condition.
- Organic Aloe Vera - This incredible ingredient is rich in enzymes, minerals, amino acids, nutrients, and vitamins that nourish hair. Aloe vera is also an excellent source of protective antioxidants that defend hair against damaging environmental aggressors.
- Gluadin® Kera-P LM - This hydrolyzed vegetable protein promotes hair growth by prolonging the hair’s life cycle and strengthening hair. In studies, Gluadin® was shown to minimise split ends and breakage by up to 20%* and improve overall hair health by up to 60%*.
- Dynagen™ - This innovative hydrolyzed yeast protein rebuilds key proteins such as keratin and collagen in the hair follicles for healthier-looking, stronger hair. Dynagen™ also extends hair’s life cycle to reduce shedding.
- Aquaxyl™ - This sugar-derived compound provides deep (yet lightweight) moisture for the hair and scalp. By preventing water loss through evaporation Aquaxyl™ helps the hair and scalp to maintain their moisture for 8+ hours.
- Organic Sunflower Seed Oil - This lightweight oil replenishes parched hair with essential fatty acids, which helps hair retain its moisture over time. Sunflower seed oil is also an excellent source of vitamin E, a potent antioxidant that provides natural sun protection.
- Organic Shea Butter - This healing ingredient is rich in cinnamides that provide natural sun protection.
- Glycerin - Our plant-derived glycerin has humectant properties, which means that it locks moisture into the hair for long-term hydration.
- Cloudberry Extract - Cloudberry provides moisturising and soothing benefits for dry, damaged hair. Cloudberry extract is also a potent source of protective antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
- Glucose - Like glycerin, glucose has humectant properties that provide lightweight hydration for the hair. Glucose also helps to cut down on static electricity in hair.
Does My Hair Need Protein?
Hair is made of a protein called keratin. After too much exposure to heat damage, pollution, and more, that keratin begins to break down. There are a few tell-tale signs that your hair needs more protein ASAP:
- Your hair feels gummy or sticky
- Your hair has lost its elasticity
- Your hair is breaking off or shedding
How Often Should I Use a Protein Treatment for Hair?
Protein is critical for healthy hair, but adding too much protein can harm your hair. For best results, we recommend using a protein treatment for hair every two to three weeks, depending on your hair’s health.
How Can I Optimise My Results?
Protein Reconstructor Mask works best when paired with:
- Hair Growth & Repair Shampoo and Hair Growth & Repair Conditioner. This cleansing duo is formulated with moisturising and strengthening ingredients that complement this repairing treatment for hair.
- For extra hydration, use Anti-Frizz & Hydration Pre-Shampoo Hair Balm.
Does It Have a Fragrances?
Yes. This protein treatment for hair is lightly scented with natural fragrance from melon and rose. We use 100% naturally-derived essential oils for fragrance.
How Should I Use It?
Apply this protein treatment for hair after shampooing. Evenly distribute a generous amount of product to towel-dried hair and comb through. Let it work for 5-10 minutes, then rinse out. Finish with Hair Growth & Repair Conditioner.
*Studies by BASF. For more information about the studies, visit www.personal-care.basf.com or www.carecreations.basf.com.